- Select the appropriate pads for the patient.
- Apply the pads to patient’s bare, dry chest as shown on the packaging.
- Select the desired energy setting.
- Announce "Charging, continue compressions".
- Charge the defibrillator and continue compressions.
- At this time warn, and ensure others are CLEAR.
- Once charged, an audible alarm will sound.
- Operator and Compressor must communicate clearly and unambiguously.
- Using a tactile hand tap, announce "STOP Compressions". Compressor must stop and hover.
- Both Operator and Compressor should assess rhythm; "Confirm shockable / non-shockable".
- If shockable, deliver shock.
- If non-shockable, disarm the device.
- Using a tactile hand tap, announce "Resume Compressions".
- Continue CPR as necessary & assess rhythm every 2 minutes.
NB: Tactile hand taps are an important and necessary safety feature to minimise risk of accidental shock to rescuers and is a MANDATORY component of IMPACT CPR.